CALORIES IN LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFIN. LOW FAT FRIED RICE RECIPE. CALORIES IN RESTAURANT PIZZA.
Calories In Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin
- (Poppy Seeds) Poppy Seeds, released in 1971, was the second and final studio album from Vancouver, British Columbia band The Poppy Family. The album has yet to be released on modern formats and remains a rare vinyl.
- Poppy seed is an oilseed obtained from the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum). The tiny kidney-shaped seeds have been harvested from dried seed pods by various civilizations for thousands of years.
- (caloric) of or relating to calories in food; "comparison of foods on a caloric basis"; "the caloric content of foods"
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used to measure the energy value of foods
- (caloric) thermal: relating to or associated with heat; "thermal movements of molecules"; "thermal capacity"; "thermic energy"; "the caloric effect of sunlight"
- The energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules)
- Either of two units of heat energy
- (calorie) a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure; used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food
- a sweet quick bread baked in a cup-shaped pan
- A small domed cake or quick bread made from batter or dough
- A muffin is an American name for a type of bread that is baked in small portions. Many forms are somewhat like small cakes or cupcakes in shape, although they usually are not as sweet as cupcakes and generally lack frosting. Savory varieties, such as cornbread muffins, also exist.
- A muffin or English muffin, also known as a hot muffin or a breakfast muffin, is a round, yeast-leavened form of bread almost always dusted with cornmeal. It is of English origin.
- A yellow, oval citrus fruit with thick skin and fragrant, acidic juice
- A drink made from or flavored with lemon juice
- gamboge: a strong yellow color
- yellow oval fruit with juicy acidic flesh
- a small evergreen tree that originated in Asia but is widely cultivated for its fruit
- The evergreen citrus tree that produces this fruit, widely cultivated in warm climates
Poppy Seeds are tiny nutty tasting, blue-gray seeds inside capsules on Papaver somniferum, a yellowish brown opium plant indigenous to the Mediterranean. Poppy Seeds are used to flavor breads, cakes, rolls, and cookies in European and Middle Eastern cooking. In Turkey, they are often ground and used in desserts. In India, the seeds are ground and used to thicken sauces. The seeds are also used in noodle, fish, and vegetable dishes in Jewish, German, and Slavic cooking. These seeds like other dried seeds may germinate under proper conditions. However, herb and spice seeds sold by Frontier are not intended for sprouting purposes and in many cases will not germinate. They also have a high oil content, and although the oil is relatively stable while the seed is intact, refrigeration will slow the oxidation process and prolong the life of the seed.
Poppy Seeds, Extreme Macro
Poppy Seeds are amazingly complicated. They have a very detailed surface. This photo was taken with my Sigma macro lens, and actually consists of 15 shots.
There is a technique, developed by NASA I believe, called Super Resolution. It uses multiple images of the same thing to extract sub-pixel data. The idea is that matter is near-infinitely detailed- you can never image a bit of matter in full detail down to the atom. So, by definition, a pixel on a digital camera is simply an average of those details at the size of that pixel (assuming 100% perfect focus).
So, take multiple pictures, and each picture will result in a given pixel not exactly measure the exact same spot, but maybe a little to the left or to the right, up or down. So, though you may think you are taking exactly the same photo (to the eye), each pixel value is slightly different, representing an average of a different set of detail that's finer than the pixel itself.
Super Resolution works by looking at the features in multiple images, lining them up, then doing a statistical analysis of the variation of each pixel. That information yields information finer than the pixel itself.
That information is used to increase the resolution of that photo.
I used a program called PhotoAcute to do this. It will create up to 2x resolution. That may not seem like a lot, but it is. It turns my 15mp camera into a 60mp one (2x in each direction).
This is not 100% 1:1 pixels of the resulting image- there still was some blurriness. I reduced it a bit to the approximate level of sharpness I was able to attain. Keep in mind that the original 1:1 were not 100% sharp either, so I'm still getting a 2x improvement on what I would have gotten, as I almost always resize my macros down just a bit anyways to make them sharper.
I've gotten a bit obsessed with the microscopic world around us, so this extends my reach by a factor of two. Maybe I could do four sets of these, then superRes those! :)
I recently bought a number of spices from Penzeys Spices- mostly seeds, so look for some spicy pictures from me in the near future :)
Poppy Seed and Walnut Rolls
Delicious mouthwatering rolls. Fluffy thin dough, enough tasty filling to satisfy either poppy seeds or walnuts lovers.These are usualy made for holiday tables but there is no reason not to make them any other time.
how much calories in alcohol
why should i lose weight
calorie guide book
effects of low fat diet
average weight loss after pregnancy
the most effective weight loss diet
conversion of calories to joules
easy tips to loose weight
low carb fruits and veggies
Post a comment
| HOME |